In case you missed the Advanced Canvas Workshop (or even if you were there), here’s an outline of what we covered and some links to additional information:
- We started out by looking at how to embed videos from Google Drive into Canvas. Check out Tim’s blog post about it.
- We talked about how discussions & chats could be more interactive and Jodie shared some of her favorite ideas.
- Tim shared some strategies for reducing academic dishonesty and mentioned that you can use Respondus to upload questions.
- We talked about how grading works in Canvas, including how to do weighted grades.
- We looked at how you can use Quizlet to embed games in your course.
- Finally, we talked about how to use Groups to facilitate group work in your course.
As always, if you have questions or would like to sit down and learn more about Canvas, feel free to reach out to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or stop by the IRC office in Decker 45.