Adding a Quizlet to a Canvas allows students to study with digital flashcards or play games to memorize terms. Embedding a Quizlet into Canvas is as easy as adding the app in Canvas (settings>apps>scroll to Quizlet and click to add the app). Once added, you will find the icon everywhere you find the rich content editor in Canvas. Click on the icon, search for a topic, then embed the deck (see below). If you want to embed a Quizlet you create, a free account must be setup at quizlet.com. Click the card below to see the answer or change the study mode to something fun like “Space Race”.
With unlimited storage, and the ability to embed video, Google Drive is a great way to store and stream all of your videos. Follow the instructions in this faculty tip sheet and be streaming titles like “My Most Excellent Lecture” in minutes.
In case you missed the Intro to Canvas Workshop (or even if you were there), here’s an outline of what we covered and some links to additional information:
- We talked about personal notifications and explained how to add a profile picture.
- We looked at the rich content editor and Tim showed everyone how to add a URL, embed a Youtube video, and record audio or video using the media comment.
- We talked about external apps and showed how you can add them to your course.
- Jodie walked the group through creating modules and then we looked at adding content to them.
- We examined many of the tools in Canvas including Assignments, Quizzes, Files, Pages, Discussions, and External Websites.
- We also took a look at the Calendar and saw how easy it was to move things around.
- We talked about setting a course home, editing the course navigation, publishing content and the course, and creating announcements.
- We also shared the secrets of the Student View and the Undelete feature.
- And, finally, we talked about how helpful it is to use the documentation and videos that Canvas provides.
As always, if you have questions or would like to sit down and learn more about Canvas, feel free to reach out to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or stop by the IRC office in Decker 45.