NEW FEATURE: Use Google Drive in Canvas Seamlessly
One of the goals of the IRC is to simplify the technical aspects of education and we like to celebrate when we can find ways to save time for instructors. So we were positively joyful when we heard about the new integration between Google Drive and Canvas.
You’ve always been able to share content from your Google Drive in Canvas, but now you will be able to do so seamlessly. We’ve created a video to explain all the new Google Drive features. It’s a little long (10 minutes), so we’ve broken it into smaller videos linked below.
Here are 5 things that you’ll now be able to do:
- View Google Drive in the Canvas Course Menu (Part One Video | Canvas Help Page)
- Embed and Link to Content from Google Drive in the Rich Content Editor (Part One Video | Canvas Help Page)
- Add Google Drive Content to Modules Using External Tools (Part Two Video | Canvas Help Page)
- Allow Students to Collaborate in Canvas Using Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides (Part Three Video | Canvas Help Page)
- Link to Cloud Assignments in Google Drive (Part Four Video | Canvas Help Page)